Are you a new blogger and struggling to get traffic on your webpage?
Do you want Google to index your website this upcoming year, and see your blog post on Google SERPs within seconds?
Here, refer to the following 15 minutes article, for all your queries.
Creating content is the foundational step. However, getting a lot of traffic for the same makes an edge to the competition. Therefore, google indexing plays a very important role.
A brief about Google Indexing
Indexing, Google indexing, or Search Engine indexing is a very crucial step for a blog maker. It is collecting, parsing, and storing data to make accurate and fast information retrieval. To crawl the web pages search engines use web crawlers that drag useful content from all around the internet. However, it is important that the search engines are able to follow the link, and crawl the website.
Indexing is very essential
Web owners that don’t provide the access to these search engines fail to bring traffic to their site and simultaneously are not able to rank their work on SERPs. Hence, indexing your site on google is the major area of flourishing in this digital competition. Not indexing on google is simply the biggest mistake that most bloggers make. Therefore, index your website today by referring to the following simple steps:
Step 1: To begin with the procedure, one has to make a free account on the Webmaster tool so that you are able to submit the URL to google from GSC; that is Google Search Console. The picture is attached below for your reference.
Step 2: Once the GSC page welcomes you, it will ask for your property type. You have to enter your domain name or URL( as displayed above). Keep in mind that for DOMAIN NAME SERVICE (DNS), verification is required. However, for URLs, you will find many verification methods available.
Step 3: If you are using URL as property type (which is mostly preferred), the following screen will display to verify your ownership.
- Along with this you will also find other verification methods available. One can verify the ownership by using google analytics account, or maybe simply adding a meta tag, or maybe by just using google tag manager. One can refer to any of the methods to verify.
- Refer to the following steps if you are using WordPress
- Install RankMath SEO plugin. This will allow you to connect to GSC easily.
- To verify RankMath SEO, copy the entire HTML code from GSC.
You can refer to the image below.
- Once you select and copy the entire HTML code. Go to Rank Math Plugin Search Console setting.
Paste the link that you copied in the search console field and then click the AUTHORISE BUTTON on the screen.
Henceforth, google will authorize your account.
Creating an XML sitemap
It is a very essential component of a blogging team. An XML sitemap allows one to have all the informative pages, posts and blogs in a list. One should make sure that all the information is accessible by Google. An XML sitemap represents what all the website includes and how well it is structured.
Through sitemap search engines can find one’s site easily. In short, once the blog or website is created, you must remember the following two important things; First, create an XML sitemap for your website, second, submit the site’s XML to Google.
- Refer to the following picture of an XML sitemap:
- Submit XML sitemap to Google
Once your XML sheet is ready, we are ready to present it to Google. For this simply google Search console. Now choose your website, and then click on Sitemaps option, displayed on the page.
Once clicked on the Sitemaps option, you have to add your sitemap URL(represented in the picture above). Now click on the submit button and you are good to go.
From the above procedure, Google will easily crawl your site map and will index all your given links.
It is important to build BACKLINKS
This is a very authorized manner. A lot of people forget and skill at this important part of digital writing. Backlinks are very crucial, these are also known as Inbound links. These are links from another page or site. If you want your page to rank well, you need many inbound links and visitors visiting your page. The more and high quality links you have, the better your page will get ranks from search engines. You may use the following picture for reference.
The best few ways to get Google to crawl your site
- Rule no 1: PING Services; To google ping your blog, you may refer to the following steps;
- Create or sign in to your Feedburner account.
- Now go to Feed Title. Click on Publicize and then choose Pingshot subsequently.
- Thereafter, activate the Pingshot service.
- Rule no 2: Noindex: Because the content should be original and no duplicate material, you need to activate the Noindex service.
- Along with this, you can also ping to new URLs to RSS feeds. You may use Pinger or Pingomatic to increase your exposure.
- Rule no 3: Google Search Console; This is usually mostly preferred by a lot of people. You can add your webpage to the google index in the Google webmasters tool.
For this, you need to make sure that your blog is not yet indexed by google.
Once, you have completed the above steps, now paste the URL of your blog in the search bar, you will easily find your work. Now simply go to Google search console and then URL inspection.
After following the above-mentioned steps. Now you can easily inspect your URL and thereafter click on the Request Indexing link. You will be good to go.
There are various methods as to how Google can crawl your sites, and how you can build upon indexing your work. There are many tools that may help index your site.
For eg; Google page Insights, screaming frog SEO spider, Google search console, and XML sitemaps (as mentioned in the above article). From all of the above tools, I believe that sitemaps are very useful tools. They rank your blog faster and make the process of the site indexed by Google more speedy. Collectively, the best way to give your blog a strong foundation and bring a lot of traffic to the page is to get search engines to your site.
Therefore, index your page as quickly as possible. It will not only rank your page quickly but will also convince google that your website is active. It will generate an overall good keyword density. Also, will bring originality to your content.