Robots.txt Introduction and Guide
Robot.txt. Well, sounds like rocket science. Right? But, it’s as easy to use.
Do you love playing with SEO? Well, if es, then this is for you mate! This term is an ultimate hack to turn your SEO practice vibrant and effective.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get further to know the ins and outs of robot.txt in the world of online marketing.
Let’s begin the hunt!
Robot.txt- The Meaning
Well, this technical term can also be identified as Robot protocol or standard. It means practice where you command web robots how to crawl on the search engines.
It’s a way to increase your SEO by taking advantage of a natural part of every website that rarely gets talked about. It’s not difficult to implement either.
Additionally, if you are not proficient in the subject. No worries, as it is a beginner-oriented method to increase SEO in website pages efficiently and effortlessly.
• The robot.txt instructs web crawler robots to crawl over certain pages of the websites you want to be crawled.
• Highlight your page in front of Google crawlers. Your website might consist of lots of pages. Right? A web crawler takes every page to crawl and match with the help of a Google bot. By blocking unwanted pages, you can grab the attention of the crawlers towards the pages you want to be ranked.
• Increase the flow of users, on your pages.
• Helps you manage your on-page SEO checklists like keywords, links, and much more.
• Locate yourself easily to crawl, by robot.txt. By using it, you can easily locate your website o search engine.
Importance of Robot.txt in your Business
The first question, after you knew the definition, would be why is it important for you? So, wait, let’s understand you’re every WHY gradually.
The Workflow of Robot.txt
A search engine has two essential works, that is, finding the relevant data and placing it in front of the keyword searchers.
Once the search engine crawler reaches your site, it finds robot.txt. Moreover, if your site contains a robots file, then it starts verifying it before crawling the page.
On the other hand, if your page does not contain any robot.txt, then it will simply look out for other information, which might not be relevant for your users.
Does your website have a Robot.txt?
Well, to check this out, you need to follow the below steps-
• Type your respective domain name on the URL space bar.
• Now, add “robot.txt” in the end.
• If you have a robot.txt on your page, then it will appear on the screen.
If you have a robot.txt file, then Kudos! But, if you do not have a file then no worries, you can reach the best search engine optimization company today!